Thursday, October 20, 2011


So this is my first post. Ta da! You and I are going to talk about sports. Alot of hockey. And hockey players and fun hockey stuff. And fun stuff in general because I like having fun. It's pretty much my favorite thing to do. That and eating. But eating is fun so I guess they're tied together. More on that later...I am a big hockey fan. But not by my own doing. When I was bigger then a skate but smaller then a goalie pad, I was already watching hockey. And not just watching hockey but living it. I have 3 brothers and they all played from the time they could walk, pretty much. Or maybe it was from the time they could get skates in their sizes. Whichever. Doesn't matter. Point is they were young. And we lived on the Air Force Academy and my brothers played for the Falcons! The kiddie league but they still got the jerseys with the striking lightning bolt. I bet opposing players saw the bolt and got really intimidated. Have you seen it??
Anyway, my weekends were spent either at the Air Force ice arena, at another arena for away games, or in the car going to or coming from games. I always wanted to play, but my Mom consistently had her go-to response: "Three boys is enough." Which was relentlessly followed up with some kind of attempt to entice me into figure skating. But I didn't want to draw 8s with my feet - I wanted to hang with my brothers and play more than just the annual Father/Daughter game (see above). Eventually I settled on street hockey in our circle drive. It was fun. I got stuffed in the goal EVERY time but I grew to appreciate and love the game even more....I get all nostalgic about my childhood....but let's focus...let's talk some Hockey!

No comments:

Post a Comment